Find your peace
Knowing yourself is a good start. It's key to everything else on this path.
But if you're not at peace, then it will be hard for you to interact with your outer world in a way that is peaceful. Instead, your own energies and inner conditions will ripple outward and upset relations with the people around you, or cause you to act in ways that do not expand your peace or theirs.
To find your peace, first take stock of whatever is stealing it. And why?
Once you know that, you'll need to do something to address it. If not, it will keep on irritating you until you explode, much like happened with his wife and the dripping faucet described by Robert Pirsig in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
You try to ignore it, to discount it, to put it out of your mind. But it's always there. Reminding you. Calling you to action, or keep being tortured by its constant refrain.
Maybe you like the suspense, wondering how long you can put up with it. Maybe you'll even take it out on someone else, redirecting your pent-up emotion as if it were caused by them, Even so, consider they're probably just doing you a favor, serving as the trigger to bring it into your awareness.
So follow it back to it's cause, and address that, too. Not just the conflict itself. Whether within or without, whatever is stealing your peace is probably going to keep doing so unless you do something about it.
Look for it. Deal with it. Find a way.
More ways you can find peace:
- See and deal with things in better ways
- Avoid harm and minimize impact
- Address causal factors
- Resolve inner and outer conflicts
- Raise your vibrations
- Listen to your inner voice
- Know yourself
- Change your world
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
- Reinhold Niebuhr
- Another Year, Another Struggle? #peace #consciousness #spirituality
- Perspectives in Applied #Spirituality – A Path to #Peace for #Awakening Souls
- To Arm, or Not to Arm – That is the Question
- America: On the Brink of Civil War?
- Buddha on Mindfulness – from the Anapanasati Sutta
- The Insanity of Trying to Change My World
- What’s Getting Into People?
- What’s Trump Doing in the South China Sea?
- What Steals Your Peace?
- Connecting Spirituality and Peace
- Can You Have Peace Without Good Health?
- Is Discontent Denying You Peace?
- Peace and the Promise of this Time of Changes
- Exploring the Conflicts in Us and in Our World
- How Can We Stop the Fighting?
- Creating a Space for Peace – Part 1
- Creating a Space for Peace – Part 2
- You Will Never Find Peace By Taking Sides in their Games
- How Can We Be at Peace When We Carry So Much Pain?
- Overcoming Our Inner Obstacles
- No One Can Give You Peace But You
- Feeling the Vibration of Peace
You don't have to go it alone.
Meet John Dennison
Lawyer. Coach. Author. Poet. Speaker.
Peacemaker. Spiritual Teacher. Sepsis Survivor.
Consultations and More
Sometimes you need a fresh set of eyes to see things another way, and help you get clear on where and how to apply your energies so you can build a better tomorrow. John offers advice, training, coaching and hands-on help to solve problems, stop the fighting and reduce the conflicts in you, your life and affairs.
Hardship, Infirmity and End of Life Planning
Are your affairs in order? Are you ready for what's coming down the road, or struggling to deal with a hardship or infirmity you have now? John will help you face the unknown and deal with the issues and emotions that arise in you and your life.
Counseling to Overcome Your Fears
Fear can turn your life upside down. It can destroy relationships. And it can make you sick. John will help you identify and face your fears and move through the darkness in a better way.
A 2-CD Set - $24.95
by John Dennison
Our only hope for peace is to do justice for our reason for coming. That means addressing the hidden conditions behind the fighting, and in the process building lives that serve us, and the world!
This 2-CD set lays out a map through the minefield of human conflict so you can go the way you came for, and add your special contribution to the world.