Meet John Dennison. He is a retired lawyer and business consultant turned coach and advocate for a better tomorrow.
He empowers people to turn away from the conflicts that are dragging down their world and lay a foundation upon which they can build something better, including:
- knowing themselves and the relationship between their inner and outer worlds;
- moving through and solving problems in a better way;
- overcoming the obstacles that get them down and hold them back.
He also provides training in peace and personal development for individuals from all walks of life.
A prolific writer, he is author of Whispers in the Silence – Living by the Light of Your Soul, a self-development guide on how to moderate the ego and follow your inner voice on your evolutionary journey through life.
His 2-CD set, The Art of Going Your Way, shows how to move through a world of conflict and add your contribution to a better tomorrow.
In addition, John has created various blogs and websites to empower people with greater understanding and choice over the experiences life brings and how they live it.
He can be reached through PeaceOptions.com.
John Dennison practiced law for over 35 years. He is a retired partner in the law firm of Dennison & Dennison, P.A., which he co-founded with his wife Laura Dennison in 1988. John studied at the University of Salzburg in Salzburg, Austria, graduated cum laude in 1974 from Bowling Green State University in Ohio, and graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in Cleveland, Ohio in 1977.
He was licensed to practice law in both Florida and Ohio, and is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Federal Courts for the Southern District of Florida and the Northern District of Ohio. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association, and has been a member of various legal groups including the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
John began his legal career in Ohio as a trial lawyer while also handling estates, trusts, and the negotiation of complex real estate transactions. Over the years he acquired extensive additional experience in business law, strategic planning, construction, commercial leasing, as well as various aspects of technology law and practice.
John’s civic work has included:
- Past president and director of the Miami Lakes Business Association (now Miami Lakes Chamber of Commerce);
- Board of Supervisors for the Florida FAA Federal Credit Union;
- Director of the Deaf Services Bureau;
- Community Advisory Committee of the Miami Lakes Technical Education Center;
- Associate Director and Legal Advisor to the South Florida Council of the National Association of Investors Corporation;
- Legal correspondent for Into Tomorrow, a national network radio show focusing on high tech products and issues; and
- Appointed to the Florida Bar Association’s standing commttee on Computer Law, now merged into its Business Law Section.
In addition, John has been an active fund-raiser for many charitable organizations, including the Leukemia Foundation and American Cancer Society, helped organize a local chapter of the American Heart Association, and sat on the supervisory board and later served as chairman of the board of directors of the Chinese Medicine Institute.
He also regularly attends conferences and seminars around the country.
Last but certainly not least, John is a published poet and author, speaker, devoted father, and martial artist, and actively promotes the restoration of civility and inner values in society.